While on its way to charter, the club has already identified a variety of service-based projects to embark upon. We are also in recruitment mode, so if you would like to join us as we move to improve the lives of our nation’s children and their care providers, please come and visit us at the Belmonte Suite in Christar Villas Hotel (99a Hope Road, Kingston, Jamaica). We meet every second and fourth Thursday at 6pm (GMT -5).
What we are doing/have done:
From the Kiwanis Website:
Kiwanis International is a global organization of members of every age who are dedicated to changing the world, one child and one community at a time.
The six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International were approved by Kiwanis club delegates at the 1924 Kiwanis International Convention in Denver, Colorado. Through the decades, they have remained unchanged.
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill. > weblink
My involvement in this Project:
- Charter member
- Director designate
To learn more about the Kiwanis young professionals club please:
- The club meeting every 2nd and 4th Thursday, at Christar Villas Hotel. The meeting begins promptly at 6pm (GMT -5).